There are a number of meetings or workshops held throughout the month for your participation. Most of them do not require any special costuming or equipment, with the exception of the martial arts. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the officers and coordinators.
- Baronial Council Meetings (once a month: 7:30-9:00 PM, Second Monday of the month) – Join us on the second Monday of every month for our Baronial Council meeting. Meetings are open to everyone. Officers and Guilds report on the month’s events, and general information about upcoming events is discussed. Come in your modern clothing, and join us afterwards for socializing and food at a nearby restaurant. Location: Usually held at the El Segundo Library on the corner of Mariposa and Main Street in El Segundo. (No costuming required.) Questions? Contact the Seneschal – email@example.com
- Newcomers Meetings (as-needed; come to a fighter practice and meet up with our Chatelaine) 7:00 PM, Dates and Locations Vary – Questions, contact the Chatelaine (sometimes called the Castellan, in charge of helping Newcomers) and Keys (Costume Loan) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baronial Planning Meetings: Usually starting at 7:30 PM (scheduled only as needed, location part of announcements) – These are more detail-specific meetings for the coordinators and autocrats who are organizing the upcoming events. The meetings are open to anyone who would like to assist with event planning. Questions? Contact the Seneschal – email@example.com
Arts & Sciences
- Arts and Sciences workshops (dates and locations vary) – Held on various dates at various locations, usually starting at 7 PM. For directions, address, questions, and topics: Please contact the Arts and Sciences Minister – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cooking Guild (approx once/month, see yahoogroup for locations) – see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LyondemereCooking for day, time, address, and directions (there is also a Facebook Group for the Cooking Guild)
- Scribal Nights: Every Third Thursday of the month at 7 PM (except for December). Please email email@example.com for more information and directions/address.
Martial Arts and Fighter Practices
- Archery Practice Tuesdays at 7 PM – Weeknight Lyondemere Archery Practice will be held at Rancho Park on Tuesdays starting around 7 PM. Some loaner gear is available. Free lessons for beginners. As always, all archers of Caid are welcome to participate. Rancho Park Archery Range can be found at 2551 Motor Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90064. Come in on the parking lot marked with the Archery Range sign. Drive past the front lot to the back lot and park. Please contact the Captain of Archers at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Archery Practice Sundays – 12:30-4:30 PM most Sundays [except if conflicting with events]: Southern Archery Practice at El Dorado Park (north of Spring Street), El Dorado Regional Park, 7550 E Spring St, Long Beach, CA, 90815 – (link on Google maps) (cancelled only against major events, check calendars or email Captain of Archers to confirm) Carpooling is encouraged, as there is a $7 parking fee at this site. For all questions, please contact the Captain of Archers – email@example.com
- Fighter Practices Wednesdays (both Armored Combat and Rapier Fencing, El Segundo) – 7:30 PM every Wednesday, El Segundo Recreation Park, 401 Sheldon Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 (link on Google maps) If you have questions about armored combat, please contact the Marshal – firstname.lastname@example.org If you have questions about rapier combat (fencing), please contact the Rapier Marshal – email@example.com
- If you are able to use/check Facebook, you may find posts about whether Fighter Practice is being held on a specific day or week. Check the Lyondemere Officially Unofficial Fighter Group
- If you’re unable to access Facebook, please contact our fighter practice officers by email: Marshal – firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Rapier Marshal email@example.com