Sunday, December 2, 2018 (1:00-8:30 PM)
Yule on the Dnieper: Circa 931 CE.
If you are Viking or Rus, or have recently been kidnapped by one or want to be, join us for Gyldenholt/Lyondemere Yule.
We will have a Viking/Rus themed bardic competition to be run throughout the day as available, face friendly snowballs, event-themed table decorations contest, a scribal table, games and kindercraft, not to mention the traditional White Elephant gift exchange.
For those who desire to have gifts handed out to their children, please provide said gift labeled with the child’s name. Hand it to Their Excellencies (of Gyldenholt) Ilia and Vitasha upon your arrival.
Feast will be provided by The Right Noble Upper Crust and will be event-themed. They are already hard at work testing many yummy treats.
We would like to invite the populace to participate in providing Viking/Rus themed potluck desserts. Please ensure a list of ingredients is also provided.
We will take feast reservations until November 18, 2018, or until we are full. Please send your reservation request to Yule@SCA-Gyldenholt.org
Location: Huntington Beach Masonic Temple, 601 Palm Avenue, Huntington Beach, CA 92648
- $13 for adults
- $8 for adult SCA members
- Children under 13 are guests of the Barony
- In addition, the Feast cost is $12 for adults
- In addition, the Feast cost is $8 for children ages 5 through 12
- There will be limited off-board seating reservations for $3
- Please make checks payable to: SCA, Inc./Barony of Gyldenholt.
Schedule of the Day
- 1 PM – Gate opens
- 3 PM – Court at Their Excellencies’ pleasure
- 5 PM – Feast commences
- 7 PM – Populace Provided Potluck Dessert
- 8:30 PM – Site closes for everyone except clean up crew. Anyone is welcome (encouraged) to assist.
Thank you for a great day!
Find your favorite transportation and head to the Huntington Beach Masonic Temple, 601 Palm Avenue, Huntington Beach, CA 92648. Parking on site is limited but there is plenty of surrounding street parking
Jens inn Draumspaki, godi, O.P. and Ida Haroldsdottir, astkona, O.P. – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org